[Wine] Re: Question about Winelib

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 19 01:07:41 CDT 2008

the[V]oid wrote:
> Hi, I was searching on information whether it is possible to use winelib in order to develop (compile/link) and test DirectX (that make especially use of Direct3D) applications on linux? Can somebody provide some information in how far this is possible? I couldn't find anything useful by Google.

You can do with winelib everything you can with windows & Linux app at the same time. Of course some limitations apply. And you need to be careful how you mixing things together.

However with DX being 100 windows only there is no reason to make your app winelib. Unless you really need something special that winapi doesn't provide. So you should really keep your program pure windows and just run it with Wine.