[Wine] Re: Winelib: How can I compile a Borland C++ Builder application

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 19 15:10:28 CDT 2008

Néstor Amigo Cairo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to winelib. I'm trying to port a Borland C++ Builder 6.0
> application, but I need VCL library: vcl.h.
>
> Any ideas?? I would want to make it run natively on Linux.

You can't. Winelib still requires Wine to run it. It's a library not an executable. If you want to write native Linux application that can run by itself then ... Wine won't help you there.

Winelib is to use win32api _AND_ POSIX api in one program at the same time. If you need one or the other - forget about winelib.