[Wine] Getting SoundSlides to work?

Kinare wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 20 15:14:56 CDT 2008

I am a professional journalist and I use Linux as my main operating system. I want to install a program called Soundslides under WINE but when I attempt to do so, I cannot see the text involved with the program.

SoundSlides has a quick demo download (http://soundslides.com/). The demo is free. I don't know if anyone has an idea of what could possibly be wrong. I'd be eternally grateful if someone could figure out what is wrong.

My husband seems to think that I am missing a DLL. If everything else in the program works but the text, I can't help but think it's a quick fix. If I knew more I would fix it myself.

Thank you for your time.