[Wine] New apps for wine

Russell Butler russell at rj-il-butler.com
Tue Jul 22 19:29:09 CDT 2008

nick wrote:
> Hi all this is my first post, so if I need to be directed to other
> places, thanks for the assistance in advance. I,ve been attempting to
> wean my family off windoze for some time, and now have a few boxes
> and laptops running fc8.
>
> I've set up the latest version of Wine and have successfully
> installed Myob v13 (with a few glitches: date format is not correct
> for Australia, despite altering the format in the[international] part
> of the registry, and an inability to customise my invoices with a
> bitmap image.

Hi Nick

That's interesting that you were able to run MYOB 13.

I've been trying to use MYOB 14.1, and it runs OK, but I can't get it to
print invoices.
See http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=865&highlight=myob

Were you able to print successfully?

I got around "custom" invoice selection by transferring in the old
customised form and deleting everything else. I have the advantage that
I only ever send out one type of invoice anyway.

I didn't actually check the date format, but as I was using a "company"
file I had already set up in Windows, that may have set the formatting
appropriately.

Russell