[Wine] Wine 1.0 + Carom3d Game hangs

neverstop wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jul 25 13:17:34 CDT 2008

Hello, i have installed Wine 1.0 on Ubuntu 8.04 using an onboard video card (intel) that came with my Asus motherboard and after installing a game called Carom3d it worked perfectly but a little slow! So i bought a new video card for playing better games and chose Geforce 8600 GT 512MB.

After installing all drivers i finally installed the game and for my surprise it didn't work!! I don't understand why it didn't work with this video card, i didn't do anything different at installation! I only copied one dll needed to run the game called mfc42.dll from my old Windows system to the system32 folder of wine and that's all. When i run the game from the linux shell it gives me no error =/ nothing happens...wine simply hangs up. Any suggestion?

Obs: i am running Doom3 on linux with a good resolution, so i do not think it is related to nvidia drivers.