[Wine] Re: .NET 2.0 fails compiling assemblies on OSX

JMS wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 26 09:39:06 CDT 2008

Well, I've tried again with clean ~/.wine
First, set version to win98
Install dcom98 via winetricks

Set rpcrt4.dll as builtin (if you installed native dcom is a contradicion but if you don't dotnet crashes)

Install msi2

Install dotnet20, the installer now does the same as in windows, takes is usual time and you can see all the registry keys and assemblies installing, but when it reaches the end it finds an error and rollbacks everything

This is the best I've got. Anyway if the install ended successful and we changed the version to win2k all the assemblies and services would become invalid.

The conclusion is that something is not working in the builtin DCOM (please correct me), and with native DCOM dotnet20 should work but won't install.