[Wine] Cant use Darwine on PPC with 10.5 Leopard

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 26 21:59:02 CDT 2008

straightgq wrote:

> Zach wrote:
>
>> Ack, hit send too soon.. Sorry for the spam..
>>
>> My builds of darwine are Intel only.  I only have a MBP, i have no
>> experience in running Darwine on a PPC machine. Sorry. And ther kronenberg
>> builds are also Intel only..
>>

>> However.. http://darwine.sourceforge.net/docs/user-doc.xml has instructions
>> on building Darwine with QEMU.  I dont know how well they work - again, MBP
>> - but its worth a shot if you want to try.
>>

>> There's mac-native versions of Soulseek, why not use one of those?
>>

>> Sorry for the original short/terse response.. :s
>>

>> -Zach
>>
>> On 7/24/08, Zach Drayer <zach at drayer.name> wrote:
>>

>>> My builds of darwine are Intel only.  I only have a MBP, i have no
>>> experience in running Darwine on a PPC machine. Sorry.

>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>>

> thanx i will try it.  the mac native versions of soulseek dont work for leopard, well at least on my comp anyways.

Make sure that the program you get is either a Universal Binary (which
means it should run on both Intel and PowerPC Macs or a Power PC version.

Also, at the present time the X86 emulator is not mature enough to
provide satisfactory performance for use with Wine.

James McKenzie
Owner of two Mac Intel systems and MANY PowerPC systems....