[Wine] Sound starts but drops out on game.

Sethusoid wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 27 03:48:56 CDT 2008

There is a 2d mmorpg that I play that is a spin off of Endless Online.  When running this program with Wine, I have a couple of sound problems.  First, it will only play one sound at a time from the game, and two, the sound drops out completely after a few sounds try to play at the same time.  I've tried a bunch of different settings with the same results.  I ran the game from the command line and noticed the following error pop up at the moment the sound dropped out:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x128984 "alsa.c: ALSA_MSG_RING.msg_crst" wait timed out in thread 00c3, blocked by 0000, retrying (60 sec)

I can play other games using Wine with no sound problems at all, only this app is giving me problems.  Any ideas?