[Wine] Re: Detect Wine environment out of NSIS?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jul 29 08:52:04 CDT 2008

Hadron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to install a custom application under Wine and it seems like the installation procedure has to be slightly different (e.g. under Wine Fedora 9 no PATH environment variable is set).

This shouldn't happen. It's should _always_ be set. Remove ~/.wine directory and try again. If you still have a problem please open a bug report in bugzilla.

Of course make sure you using the latest Wine version.

Hadron wrote:
> So my question is how can I detect that the NSIS installer is running under wione or under a native Windoze-system?

Simple answer - DO NOT ever do that. You will create broken installer. As soon as Wine will get fixed your installer will break.