[Wine] Re: launch linux script from windows application

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 03:58:02 CDT 2008

Hi, i don't know if this is exactly the same what you try, but for me the following does work:

I created a script /tmp/script.sh with content:

konqueror www.winehq.org

Then a program test.c:

#include <windows.h>

int main()
{
execl("/bin/sh","sh","/tmp/script.sh",NULL);
}

After compiling it, and running it in wine, it seems to work just fine; konqueror is started and opens the website. Is your script very different from this simple app? (Note, as i said already, execl doesn't return, so no return value, i guess something similar can be done with _spawnvp