[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine

JMS wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 06:52:00 CDT 2008

I've been looking into gdi32.dll without success. I've tried to export my .wine drive_c as a Crossover bottle to try and see what happens.

They are still using wine 0.9.6 so I replaced kernell.32.so inside the crossover /SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/wine/ with the wine 1.0 one to run autocad. And... surprise!! It runs, and the text is smooth and fast as in windows The problem is that this is a privative app and we don't have the source, but could be a beginning.

Then, I copied the freefont libs and gdi32.so from crossover to my wine and launch autocad... all the menu fonts feel like in crossover but... our issue is still there.

I think the problem could be in x11drv and not in gdi

BTW I've worket out all my problems with dotnet20 using a build from here http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/
Now all the errors and random crashes have gone. I can use Autocad as in windows but for the TTF. Previously I was using my own build and I think some libraries were missing.
Silver for me If someone else can reproduce my results.

When the fonts are working it will be Gold indeed.