[Wine] Re: strange performance issiue (baldurs gate 2)

itti wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 07:58:26 CDT 2008

I use Wine 1.1.2... the problem has been there for some versions though. I know that 0.9.57 didn't work too.

I tried with a new .wine and my old .wine. I tried to run it with ms dx9 (winetricks) and without...

Another thing I noticed is, that there seems to be a general problem on my system when wine has to read in a lot of files. For example when i open a directory in a treeview in an installer or when Games like Soldier of Fortune II load a map. But strangely the worst performance I get is with old Baldurs Gate II.

It has to be something with I/O-transfers or memmory mapping...