[Wine] Re: Newbie to Wine and Debian - Installing wine for Debian Etch

krraleigh wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 31 17:02:08 CDT 2008

thanx for insight

I loaded wine and tried to find version info and the help but this is what I get instead. From the looks of things it looks like I have a few errors here. Can someone looks this info over and tell me if I am correct?

> krraleigh-PC:/etc/apt# wine --help
> Usage: wine PROGRAM [ARGUMENTS...]   Run the specified program
>        wine --help                   Display this help and exit
>        wine --version                Output version information and exit
> krraleigh-PC:/etc/apt# wine -version
> wine: created the configuration directory '/root/.wine'
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
> err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on CA0106, disabling mixer
> Could not load Mozilla. HTML rendering will be disabled.
> wine: configuration in '/root/.wine' has been updated.
> wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\-version.exe": Module not found

It looks like my audio mixer has been disabled, and that I won't be able to run browsers. Is this correct? What to do...

insight appreciated
thank you
Kevin