[Wine] Re: Running games installed in Windows

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 2 02:03:09 CDT 2008

It's recommended that you install your programs in Wine, even says so in the FAQ

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-5418856cbc22d4811c1ee0d4b287f376f7834eee

1.5. I have lots of apps already installed in Windows. How do I run them in Wine?

Short answer: you have to install them in Wine just like you did in Windows.

Long answer: some applications can be copied from Windows to Wine and still work, but don't try this unless you like tinkering under the hood of your car while it's running.

Wine is not designed to interact with an existing Windows installation.

WARNING: Do not try to configure Wine to point to your actual Windows C:\ drive. We have tried to make this hard to do, so you probably can't do it by accident.