[Wine] Re: Call of Duty 4 black screen and error

Rico wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 2 13:56:16 CDT 2008

Bslashingu wrote:
> When I try to run Call of Duty 4 on Wine 1.0 rc3 compiled from source with the 3dmark and nVidia patches, I get a black screen when I try to run the game and an error just loops in the console

Probably you have enabled AntiAliasing. Could you try to disable it in the in game graphic options?

Could you describe your problem a little bit more? Where does the game crash (Intro video, Starting a new game, ...) or is the "Segmentation fault" because you killed the game? Which gpu driver do you have? Does the demo have the same behavior? What setting do you use in wine (OffscreenRenderingMode, GLSL, Fullscreen/window, ...)?