[Wine] Re: Installing Unreal Tournament 3 and Neverwinter Nights 2

l_bratch wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 2 19:24:08 CDT 2008

sinatosk wrote:
> so I pop my dvd's in, double click the "setup.exe", select the location where I want to install it ( it's a mounted NTFS drive ) and it keeps reporting that I don't have enough disk space to install it on
>
> Is this because wine doesn't work well with NTFS, am I doing something wrong or something?
Unless you have added the mount point for your NTFS partition as a new drive in winecfg, Wine will see it as a folder within Z: (by default) which it will see as having as much free space as your root partition does.

Add a new drive letter in winecfg pointing at the mount point of your NTFS partition.

As far as I know there are some issues with NTFS, however this is probably not the problem you are having (yet).