[Wine] trouble getting wine from git through a proxy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 11:54:52 CDT 2008

How can I get wine from git through a proxy server?

I tried the usual clone command but substituting http:// for git://,
set $http_proxy (per git man page) to the name of my proxy server and
got:

$ git clone http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine
Initialized empty Git repository in /cygdrive/d/wine/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

Then I tried again with git-config --global http.proxy [name of
proxy], still didn't work.

Is the above command correct? Does git use some other way to set the
http proxy server? Is the wine git server not set up for http updates?

- d.