[Wine] trouble getting wine from git through a proxy

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 04:05:01 CDT 2008

2008/6/4 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> 2008/6/4 Usurp <wineforum-user at winehq.org>:

>>  [Shocked] do you plan to to build wine on cygwin ??

> Yes - I don't expect it to work, I was just curious as to how far it
> would get :-)

I must say, I found this warning quite amusing:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg04375.html

"I got cygwin to compile wine to the point where wine-install tried to
run regedit on
winedefault.reg.
I should have been paying closer attention.
The good news is that the wine regedit.exe works like a charm.  The
bad news is that
it overwrote my actual windows registry with the bunk values in winedefault.reg.
Not gonna be very easy to roll back.
So... WATCH OUT!  That last step's a doozy."

- d.