[Wine] Re: DISPLAY variable for WINE applications ?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 4 16:46:10 CDT 2008

MrSmith wrote:
> when I run windows applications under wine can I then redirect the graphical output of those applications with the DISPLAY variable ??

Yes you can. However Wine supports only one DISPLAY per WINEPREFIX. In other words, if you already started one program from particular WINEPREFIX that displays on particular DISPALY. You can't start another program from the same WINEPREFIX that displays on another DISPLAY.

Note: WINEPREFIX is location of ~/.wine directory.