[Wine] Re: unable to run wine

Trevorofmolino wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 4 17:46:14 CDT 2008

tried to do a soft patch and thisis what hapened
[trevor at trevor ~]$ ls -s /usr/local/bin wine
ls: cannot access wine: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin:
total 4120
   8 function_grep.pl    28 wine-pthread    64 winegcc
   4 msiexec              4 wineboot        64 winemaker
   4 notepad              4 winebrowser      4 winemine
   4 progman            216 winebuild        4 winepath
   4 regedit              4 winecfg          4 wineprefixcreate
   4 regsvr32             4 wineconsole   2144 wineserver
   4 uninstaller          0 winecpp          8 wineshelllink
 544 widl                 4 winedbg          4 winhelp
  16 wine               304 winedump        96 wmc
  68 wine-kthread         4 winefile       464 wrc
  32 wine-preloader       0 wineg++
[trevor at trevor ~]$ ls -s /usr/bin/wine /usr/local/bin/wine
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/wine: No such file or directory
16 /usr/local/bin/wine
put /usr/local/bin in the path statement in /etc/profile and this is the result
bash: wine: command not found
this is the path statement revised

# /etc/profile
#

export PATH="/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/opt/bin:/usr/local/bin"
If I can get wine recognized like I can see it everything will work.