[Wine] Strange sound problems on Hardy

powered_by_tux wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 6 04:32:59 CDT 2008

I am having a strange sound issue that affects all apps on Wine. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit. Wine version 1.0rc3 is configured to use the ALSA driver.

DirectSound hardware acceleration has been enabled a long time before using Hardy and has never caused any problems until now. Regularly the sound of a game/application completely drops until the application is restarted. Temporarily disabling PulseAudio does not solve the problem.

To workaround this problem I have set sound hardware acceleration to "Emulation". Audio will then continue to play, however it occasionally runs faster than it should until it "catches up".

Is this a known problem. Should this be reported as a bug? Many thanks for your responses.