[Wine] MakeTestFailures

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:10:38 CDT 2008

2008/5/30 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:

> http://wiki.winehq.org/MakeTestFailures

Looking at test.winehq.org, I appear to be the only person in the
world bothering to do this! It's really not hard ...

Quick guide:    (Dan etc., please check over!)

INITIAL SETUP: Get the code, build it the first time, run the tests
the first time:

 cd          # start from your home directory
 git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git wine       # takes 30-60 min
 cd wine
 ./tools/wineinstall      # takes 30-60 min
 cd programs/winetest
 sh dotests [your-unique-tag] # takes about 15 minutes for me

You now have a full source tree and a compiled copy of Wine.

SUBSEQUENT DAILY TESTS:

 cd ~/wine
 git fetch origin; git rebase origin       # quite quick

If there's been no changes in the past day, stop here. If there have
been changes:

 make      # build just the changes; takes 5-10 minutes for me
 cd programs/winetest
 sh dotests [your-unique-tag]

The bit marked [your-unique-tag] should be some identifier for you and
the system you're testing on, e.g. I use dgerard-hardy-6710b (me, my
copy of Ubuntu, my laptop).

- d.