[Wine] Microsoft Visual Studio 2005

Matti Picus matti at picus.org.il
Sat Jun 7 13:22:37 CDT 2008

Wine doesn't know anything about your XP installation, so that's not the
problem. No conspiracy theories here please. The problem actually is
that you are missing mfc42.dll - as you would see if you would run the
installer from the command line and try to parse the multitude of error
messages. If you copy mfc42.dll from the windows partition to wine:

(you may have to adapt this for your system)

cp /mnt/sda1/windows/system32/mfc42.dll ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32

then run the installer again, all should work hunky dory.