[Wine] Re: No any D3D works

gkv311 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 7 20:36:00 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> gkv311 wrote:
> > GPU: AMD/ATi RadeOn HD3870 512MB
>
> This is your problem - ATI drivers have problems that resent Wine version exposed. AFAIK there is no workaround yet except replacing that ATI stuff with NVidia.

Thanks for answer.
If you are developer, please tell me what kind of ATi's driver problem have (for example). Just interesting and want understand what exactly wrong with them ;-). Some main extensions not exists needed for D3D -> OpenGL wrapping work, or something else?
I know, that some moment realized wrong (like vertical sync - worked very strange at all; extension founded but have no any effect and so on) or partially. But some "hard" applications (like Doom3) worked fine. That why I'm in interest to understand ;-)

Thanks again.