[Wine] Visual C++ 6 IDE cannot build program

chjfth wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 7 23:50:35 CDT 2008

Hi everyone,

Yesterday is my first taste of Wine. I downloaded Wince 1.0-rc4 source bz2 and build it with ./tools/wineinstall on SuSE 10.1. The installation reports success. Then I installed Microsoft Visual studio 98 professional edition on Wine. There are some problems during the install such as Java Runtime fails to install etc, but the microsoft installer finally claims success. The VC++ IDE(msdev.exe) can run. However, when I open a project(.dsp) to build, it fails. When I tell the IDE to compile a file or Build, the IDE always reports "0 errors, 0 warining", but no .obj or .exe is generated! I tried in cmd.exe the cl.exe and link.exe, they can compile and link a program, and the generated program can be debugged in msdev. So, why the compile fails from the IDE? Any hint?

Thanks in advance.