[Wine] Re: Running legacy batch files

Bamm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 8 19:48:40 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Bamm wrote:
> > I have several batch files from my windows installation that I've been using for many years, and I wonder what's the best way to transfer them to a Linux machine, without having to rewrite them as shell scripts.
>
> Rewrite them in any real scripting language (shell, perl).

Since my original questions starts with "without having to rewrite them as shell scripts" and you replied with "Rewrite them in any real scripting language (shell, perl)." then I must conclude that there is no way to run my DOS/Windows batch files in Linux then? Is this correct? Either that, or you you missed the part of my original post where I said I wanted to run the file as is rather than port it to a scripting language?