[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 9 08:52:26 CDT 2008

Grof wrote:

> miciomax wrote:
> > Please look at AppDB, there are good news for autocad users  :D
> >
> > Ciao
> >
> > Max
>

>  :D Eppur si muove!
>
> But I am still thinking  is very important to make able run Autodesk License manager and handle licenses under wine.
> I do not know what security mechanisms has SafeCast as a part of Autodesk License protections, and can wine emulate PC machine enough to properly run SafeCast??!
> To AutoCAD 2004 used C-Dilla protection system
> From AutoCAD 2004 and up ued SafeCast protection system!

Trados has the Flexnet system which is from the same house as Safecast, if not the same product if you are thinking of a license manager.

At least the floating license with a license file is partially working (it is tied to the ethernet card which Wine can access). It is recognizing the demo but running 30 days in trial mode because of a problem with the license server, which Wine can handle.

For the versions locked to the hardware, I think there may be some difficulties