[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

miciomax wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 10 05:18:29 CDT 2008

The "patch" to get autocad installed IS an hack, just to make wine msi installer to skip an offending file.... btw, I still don't know the purpose of skipped file, all seems working.
The hack as is will never be included in wine, it's just specific to autocad setup... the real solution must still be found.
You must get wine with git (instructions on web page), apply the patch (put patch file in wine top folder, issue command "patch -p1 < patchfile" and then rebuild as usual.
One note... if you don't know how to build from source, look at instructions BEFORE doing it. If you have wine installed by debian package, you can either issue a "sudo make install" on wine tree, which "should" overwrite debian files, or uninstall debian package before; I'd suggest the last solution, as I don't know if wine's make install will put files on same places as debian package.
WARNING, be sure to not have 2 wine versions installed on different places, if you don't know how to deal with it.... you'll run into troubles otherwise.

Besides of registration login screen and, to some extents, slow text rendering the app runs perfectly. If you find problems with it, please comment it on appdb or, if you're sure that's a bug, file it on bugzilla.... that will help to solve it.

Slow text rendering can be bypassed choosing "3d wireframe" view mode, which makes texts NOT filled and linetypes rendered as continuous lines, but speeds up stuffs noticeably. Not a full solution, but makes app usable professionally.

Ciao

Max