[Wine] Recognising an unrecognisable scanner

nwcstledrinkr wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 10 15:39:51 CDT 2008

I have to figure out how to use a scanner that sane doesn't officially recognise.  Wine installed the twain software with no problems, and the apps come up just fine.
The scanner drivers should be installed in wine, but I'm having some serious issues getting linux to recognise that there's a device connected.
Is there any way to tell wine to see the device?  If not, how would I pass through the device info so that the apps can see that the scanner is connected?
Thanks.