[Wine] Re: autocad 2008 and wine rc 4

epsilon_da wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 11 08:20:21 CDT 2008

I already posted that but it was deleted.

Look at:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb

There is Ubuntu 7.10 version any more.
The last version that is have 0.9.56.
The last version is ubuntu reps is 0.9.49.

If i want an updated version of wine i have to use git (which i did yesterday).
If i want the last binary i have to move on Ubuntu 8.04.
Move on ubuntu 8 requires 1 Gb of updates, with my internet connections this is not possible, and i have not time to resolve the tons of consecuent problems of a typical ubuntu update.
Looking for http://www.google.com.ar/search?q=ubuntu+8.04+troubles
There is an unended list of problems to resolve, so if i have to reinstall i will go back to gentoo, i have no experienced any problems on it like the ones i have with ubuntu. My old and wrong reason to move to ubuntu was looking for a complete and uptodate binary system with no problems, basing this asumption on the popularity of ubuntu, but this is soooo wrong.