[Wine] How to install a .msp?

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Thu Jun 12 09:40:04 CDT 2008

I am trying to install a WordPerfect Service Pack, the file is a .msp format.

Wine does nothing with it.

When I try: msiexec /p "etc" I get the following from the terminal:

root at Icarus:~# msiexec /p /media/disk/WordPerfect12/WP12SPEN.msp
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
No protocol specified
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030002 for
L"/media/disk/WordPerfect12/WP12SPEN.msp

I'd appreciate any help.

--
Regards,
Lex Middelberg.