[Wine] Re: half life 1 source has stopped working

JeanC wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jun 12 10:26:50 CDT 2008

doing 'dpkg-query -l | grep nvidia' gives:
nvidia-glx-new 169.12+2.6.24.13-18.41
It's the latest as far as I know.

I didn't do anything to sound no. By killing pulse, do you mean going to System Settings - Sound System and choosing anything other then Autodetect? I believe pulse is the default in kubuntu.

I tried all settings on the graphics tab in winecfg yes, up to virtual desktop.

I should mention that also San Andreas has the same behaviour, it started up a while ago (though it was not playable because the character kept moving without keypress) but now it dies right after the splashscreen.

I am also trying to start the games on a fresh x xerver, without window manager. Code:

Code:

#!/bin/bash
X :2 -ac &
XPID=$!
sleep 2
cd '/media/data/Games/Half Life 1'
DISPLAY=:2 WINEDEBUG=-all wine "/media/data/Games/Half Life 1/Half-Life Source.exe"
sleep 1
kill $XPID

Half life 2 does this well..