[Wine] wine-users Digest, Vol 35, Issue 57

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Fri Jun 13 01:41:32 CDT 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 18:03:10 wine-users-request at winehq.org wrote:
> DO NOT RUN WINE AS ROOT.  By running Wine as root, you have damaged your
> wine install.  This is in the FAQ.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-96bebfa287b4288974de0df23351f278b0d41014
>
> You'll need to fix your ~/.wine first before you can do anything else.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f60a1aeeb2e4ef08a9b26dd38fd4ea2b1608f358

Thank you, I have mended the error of my ways :-)

I have deleted everything and re-installed Wine and WordPerfect from a clean
slate.

BUT it still doesn't help to install the .msp file.  I now get this:

lex at Icarus:~$ msiexec /p /home/lex/Downloads/Windows/WP12OSP2/WP12SP2EN.msp
fixme:msi:MSI_OpenDatabaseW open failed r = 80030003 for
L"/home/lex/Downloads/Windows/WP12OSP2/WP12SP2EN.msp"

I have no clue what this is and have found only one reference on the internet
to someone installing a .msp file on wine and have copied what he did - but
no success.

--
Regards,
Lex Middelberg.