[Wine] Darwine question

zach at drayer.name zach at drayer.name
Fri Jun 13 13:08:37 CDT 2008

> to install an application into Darwine I have used (in ubuntu) a command
> that looks something like this "wine m:\setup.exe /autorun". On my Mac
> I can't seem to find the wine executable. I get this error: "-bash:
> wine: command not found".

With Darwine, the Wine executables are in
Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin, not /usr/local/bin.  Since they're not
in your $PATH, you cant call them directly. You can either cd to the
directory or do something like
/Applications/Darwine/Wine.bundle/Contents/bin/wine m:\setup.exe /autorun.

Thats what WineHelper.app is for though - so you can double click
.exe/lnk/msi files and have Wine run them. It doesn't have a way to pass
along arguments afaik though :\

-Zach