[Wine] Very slow 3D in DX6 app with DRI enabled]

Plamen Vassilev plamen.vassilev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:19:49 CDT 2008

On Friday 13 June 2008 22:11, Austin English wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > I for myself would not buy nvidia cards because they suffer from
> > terrible performance under 2D and they don't release their specs.
> > AMD does, and their drivers are now compareable with NVidia's on Linux.
>
> AMD has released the ATI specs, yes, but the drivers are not nearly
> comparable to Nvidia's on Linux. In a few years, maybe...

Well I am not so sceptical, ATI driver is making progress[1], probably because
there is a great deal of enthusiasm, and I think that the driver will catch
up with nvidia's driver sooner. I guess I'm just an ATI fan who's fed up with
NVidia ;)

[1]
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.drivers.ati/4835/match=driver
--