[Wine] Re: Wine Question or Suggestion?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 14 22:29:36 CDT 2008

oViXo wrote:

> > Not true, if those games grab keyboard (as most do). But not Wine.
>

> I don't understand that reply.
>
> I get the phrase "grab keyboard" but not in the context you have it written. Are you stating that Wine doesn't "grab keyboard"?

Correct.

oViXo wrote:
> Anywho, since it ONLY happens when Wine launches a program, it seems that it's Wine that needs to be tweaked.

No there is nothing to change. You have to disable [ALT]+mouse combination in your window manager.

For KDE: Personal settings -> Desktop -> Window Behavior -> Window action -> Modifier key. Be default it's set to "Alt". Change that to "Meta". So you can use that useless window key for something appropriate.

Something along the same lines for Gnome.