[Wine] New AppDB - I am the only one to hate it?

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Sun Jun 15 05:23:05 CDT 2008

På Søndag 15 juni 2008 , 08:15:20 skrev Timeout:
> Until a couple of days ago, I could look in the AppDB like in a tree from
> category to category and I had the name of the application IN ALPHABETICAL
> ORDER. Now there is some field to click, search by rating .etc but if I
> want to find my application, I have to go through 200 applications rated by
> last entries.
>
> I seriously don't find anything anymore? Is it a change to make use of the
> google box since that was the last chance of searching by name/alphabetical
> order??? Anyway I prefer not to search anymore that going through 200
> entries or go through a search engine to find something where I just want
> to enter the name.   [Evil or Very Mad]  [Evil or Very Mad]  [Evil or Very
> Mad]  [Evil or Very Mad]

Sorting by app name should be the default again soon.  In the mean time, you
can click on the 'application' table header to sort by name.

But I also find your question interesting: are you the only one to hate the
new 'browse apps' page? :)

Please post here to tell us what we can do to improve the 'browse apps' page.
If it is desirable, I guess we could also re-introduce the old one.

Alexander N. Sørnes