[Wine] Re: New AppDB - I am the only one to hate it?

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jun 15 06:18:51 CDT 2008

I need some search by name or search by company name.

At present I have to search Google to get to the application because I am not even sure in which category it had been put.
In the past I used to browse all categories and since it was alphabetical, I would find it (after some time).
The field of Google search is of any help if you are sure to name the software exactly how it had been named, any misspelling or wrongly placed space and you get either no results or not appropriate.

Maybe I will not exactly know the full name, but for instance I would know it starts with a "A".

Once I found a dictionary (http://atilf.atilf.fr/ in French) that was well structured. You were first seeking for the first letter (let say A), then the software was proposing you all possible words starting with Ax (where x was any possible combination of the 2 first letters of a word). Letter for letter you were going down the tree of all possibilities. Of course if you knew the name, you could type it directly and if you found nothing you could check for misspellings.

The case it is at the moment, to find it, you already have to know what had been entered for it.