[Wine] Wine slowing up games on each release?

Warren Dumortier nwarrenfl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:05:25 CDT 2008

Hello!

Now i'm using Wine since 2 years and i always played GTA San Andreas with
Wine, together with other games. Every Wine version is getting better and
better and i saw a lot of games working simply by waiting it was
implemented...

Wine is now IMO becoming good for new games, they are more and more
supported, less things to patch... But games are working, but getting slower
and slower!
A few months ago i could play my game without palying it quite slowly, but
now it is really slow!

So i tried to clean-up my wine install and reinstall the game, but it is
still slow...

Is it normal? This is more a question for devs, but is something done to
gain some speed? Also, what could be the problem?

Thanks, kind regards!