[Wine] Re: Civilization 4 fails to start (Wine 1.0-rc5).

Zarl wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 16 16:08:17 CDT 2008

austin987 wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Zarl <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> Code:
> err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"SecDrv" failed to load

Looks like it has some copy protection which may not work in wine.[/quote]

I doubt this is what is causing my problem. The copy protection issue is already something I've been a to look into, and it has an accepted solution. I've tested both using and not the fi. Without it, that's the only line it produces and the game fails to even bring up the loading bar. With the fix however, moves past that error and loads fully before failing with the messages I've posted.