[Wine] App needing video for Windows can't play videos

rros wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 16 21:29:57 CDT 2008

Dear friends,

I have a Windows 3.1 program that uses Video for Windows to play some videos (about an english course). The cd comes with Video for Windows 1.1, but when I try to install it I get the following message in the shell:

"wine: Call from 0x7b844b20 to unimplemented function msvideo.dll.DRAWDIBPROFILEDISPLAY, aborting"

And then the installation Window freezes, and I have to abort. Could someone help me with this issue? I really have no idea of what I should do to get my program working properly.  :(

I uploaded the version 1.1 of Video for Windows in the link:
http://www.criptoclisma.com/vfw11.tar.bz2

Thanks for any help.