[Wine] Running Excel 2003

quarf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 18 09:40:48 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 8.04 and upgraded to wine-1.0 today. My first try was to install MS Office 2003 and I went through the installation process without any remarkable problems.
When starting Excel I get an error popup saying "File not found" (actually in German "Datei nicht gefunden") which has the title "Microsoft Visual Basic" There is a "OK"-button which closes the popup and a "Help"-button which actually does nothing.
When editing an existing Spreadsheet I run into problems when I try to save my changes. I get a message saying "The disk is full" ("Die Festplatte ist voll") and "Document not saved" ("Das Dokument wurde nicht gespeichert").
That's really annoying as there seems to be no way to save the changes.

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong here? I even tried a fresh install of both ubuntu and wine (and office of course) but the errors still occur.

Thanks!
Stephan