[Wine] Re: RFC: Potential idea to consolidate forums and lists

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jun 20 08:11:42 CDT 2008

Timeout wrote:

> I am blocking all cookies except for Wine and a few others and I see that every second website I surf tries to ad me a cookie from Google. I already have cookies set by Firefox. The last thing I want is Google having the cookies set by Firefox by default + a full registration with name and address and IP to track my moves on the Internet.

I use NoScript, and I've found that google-analytics.com shows up on the list of blocked scripts of many websites, with absolutely no warning on the website that information is being harvested and sent to a third party. WineHQ is one of the few sites that does not secretly try to phone home to big brother every time I visit it, and I greatly appreciate that. IMO, Google already has too much power over the web.