[Wine] Wine trying to run everything from \\windows\\system32

matbeard wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 21 08:02:47 CDT 2008

Okay, I'm a complete newb... but I don't think this is the way things should be happening.

I've installed Wine 1.0 (and uninstalled and tried 0.96... same problem) on Ubuntu 8.04 and I'm trying to install Dreamweaver 8.

By all accounts, this should be a simple double-click on the exe, but nothing happens. Running the install from terminal results in:

Code:
wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\system32\\install_dreamweaver_8.exe": Module not found

I've removed the .wine folder and tried again several times... always same error.

Any clues?

Thanks