[Wine] Re: Error message.

viking777 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 21 10:38:33 CDT 2008

By playing around with this for a long time I have managed to get the start up screen to stay visible long enough to read a more 'digestible' error message than the one I posted earlier. I am sure some of you will be familiar with it:

> ActiveX component can't create object

I have seen it in the forums a few times but have not found a solution yet. If anyone knows what to do about this it might be what I need.

As soon as I click OK on the error window the program shuts down.

In case it is of any interest the way in which I got the error message to stay on the screen in the first place is to run the start up command as root instead of user.