[Wine] Some hooks in 3 Star Wars games

Das Letzte Einhorn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 21 20:28:18 CDT 2008

Despite being somewhat benign, because technically the rest of the content of the games work, these hooks make them quite unplayable because they are related to important parts of the games.

Tie Fighter (collector's edition): the game crashes when you try to look at the inflight menus : http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6923&iTestingId=19464

X-Wing Alliance: The game loses focus when you begin a campaign game : http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=2916&iTestingId=25285

Empire At War : When I load the game, audio crashes pretty much as if your computer would freeze and the audio stutters until you reboot : http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=7955&iTestingId=22573

Empire At War : Forces of Corruption: No text at startup, reported by me here: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8674&iTestingId=27394

Because some of these games are fairly old, there is probably only a few users else than me which uses them. I am aware that the Wine developers are probably very busy with other stuff, therefore I was wondering if I could have any help on how to create solutions for these issues. Is it possible for me, despite that I do not have any knowledge of coding, to fix these issues by myself?

Thanks!