[Wine] None of the audio drivers seem to work.

blockheadface wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 23 03:43:16 CDT 2008

I'm using Ubuntu Hardy Heron with a newly installed Wine 1.0.0. When I go into the Audio tab in winecfg and "test sound", it always comes up with a message saying "Audio test failed!"

The other thing is that when I run GTA: San Andreas, it comes up with a message saying that it couldn't find an audio card so it doesn't run.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

By the way, my sound card is a reasonably new Sound Blaster 5.1 which functions fine and I haven't messed around with drivers for it because it's worked fine.