[Wine] Re: Pilot Log Software Installs but Won't Run

qwertymn wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 23 16:28:40 CDT 2008

> The one thing we did notice is that on some of the forms when we selected a field, a copy of the form heading and input field actually showed up at the very top of the Ubuntu Desktop (actually right on top of Applications, Places and Systems). Is there something we can adjust to fix this?

Maybe 'winetricks riched20' could help but that's just a wild guess

> 1. Do I need to run the "WINEDLLOVERRIDES="oleaut32=n" wine Logbook.exe " whenever running this application or can I just click on the desktop icon?

You can set oleaut32 to native for this app in winecfg (see wine user's guide). Then you can start it from the desktop (and it will use native oleaut32)

> 2. Will I be able to install other Windows applications normally or do these changes limit me to running Logbook Pro? Thinking about installing Windows Media Player so I can load MP3 into my Verizon phone and their MP3 Player in the phone only talks to WMP.

just set it to native for this app only . see wine user's guide

> 3. We originally started this testing on an iBook running Darwine. Should your changes work for that configuration as well or is it even pointless to try with Apple's X11 issues?

No idea really. Just give it a try i'd say. Good luck!