[Wine] Re: .msi problem

chicobo329 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 24 13:21:03 CDT 2008

I'm getting the same error messages (msvcrt issues, the exact same from an earlier post I made) despite running redshark.exe from the same directory (I cd 'd to it most of the time while trying out your help anyway).

When I configure the options on Wine, it seems that only setting the override to 'builtin' for msvcrt.dll will get even the splash screen (it still terminates after). If I set it native I get:

Code:

err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCRT.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\redshark.exe" failed, status c0000142

And then a crash of course. Do I need to reinstall redshark to a place that isn't "C:\\"? I still suspect msvcrt.dll isn't working the way I want it to, despite copying a legit version from my Windows partition.