[Wine] Re: Win32/Wine applications feeding Ubuntu 8.04/Apache 2?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jun 24 13:28:53 CDT 2008

RIL wrote:
> You recommend not using Linux/Wine, is this for security reasons or performance reasons, or both?

Both.

RIL wrote:
> I think I'd prefer "easiest to learn/use&deploy"... :) And of course, a protocol that will last over time.

That was the reason I gave you pipes and sockets. Pipe is the basic concept in UNIX since the day one. And is here to stay. Sockets are a bit more complicated but also more powerful especially if you want to do any async communications.

But the best thing you can do yourself - don't use Delphi for your backend app.